Proper Handling of Internal Investigations
- What types of issues require investigation?
- Steps to take – outline of a proper investigation
- Who – who should conduct and who should you speak to?
- What – what is the focus of the investigation and how to handle new information that might lead to new investigations
- Where – in person? By phone? Skype?
- When – as soon as possible
- How – written statements/affividavits? Video? Written questions and answers?
- Follow-up and re-interviews
- Document, document, document
Social Media in the EMS Workplace – Risks and How to Avoid Them
- Best practices for HR policies
- Enforcement and discipline
- Patient privacy – the intersection of social media and HIPAA
Changing Drug Laws and the Impact on Employment Drug Testing and Enforcement
- Pre-employment drug testing
- Random testing
- Post-Accident testing